Locations and Attendance
Click here to view locations on map
Full Time - To be arranged
Course Duration :
Course Times :
Course Code :
FT Registration Fee - £30.00
Please Note - These fees are for the 2018/19 Academic Year and are subject to change annually. Fees are payable for each year of study.
Days, Times and Fees for Part Time and HE courses are subject to change. HE Tuition Fees will be confirmed April 2018.
Purchase of steel toe capped boots, overalls and a course text book is required for this course. Please discuss this at interview stage with a tutor after you have applied.
This is a one year practical and theory course designed to give you the skills and knowledge to progress in your role within the Plastering trade.
You will require 3 GCSEs at grade A*- E which must include Maths and English. Equivalent vocational experience or qualifications will also be considered.
You will be invited to attend an interview. During this interview and will undertake an assessment in literacy and numeracy to establish any support required.
What will I study?
The course consists of units to be assessed in terms of knowledge and practical work. The units include:
Carrying out safe working practices,
• Knowledge of information and quantities,
• Building methods and construction,
• Fixing and plastering of external insulation boards,
• Cutting plasterboard to the correct dimensions/ angles for the job including areas such as windows and ceilings,
• Preparing timber backgrounds and boards ready for plaster for both internal and external areas,
• Preparing materials including mixing materials such as sand and cement
• Looking at different mixing equipment including mixers/transformers.
You will also need to achieve Essential Skills at Level 1 in both Application of Number and Communications. Alongside this course you will also study the Welsh Baccalaureate.
How will I be assessed?
This is achieved by completing theory assignments to produce a portfolio of evidence, on-line end of unit multi- choice questionnaires, an online exam, practical tasks and phase tests.
Career Opportunities and Progression
If successful this diploma qualification will enable you to progress onto the Level 2 in Plastering or a Modern Apprenticeship, CITB Apprenticeship or employment as an apprentice Plasterer.