Locations and Attendance
Click here to view locations on map
Full Time - To be arranged
Course Duration :
Course Times :
Course Code :
FT Registration Fee - £30.00
Please Note - These fees are for the 2018/19 Academic Year and are subject to change annually. Fees are payable for each year of study.
Days, Times and Fees for Part Time and HE courses are subject to change. HE Tuition Fees will be confirmed April 2018.
This Level 1 Foundation course is ideal for learners interested in becoming qualified as an Installation or Maintenance Electrician in the Domestic, Commercial & Industrial fields.
You will require 3 GCSEs at grades A*- E including English, Maths and Science, Equivalent vocational experience or qualifications will also be considered.
You will be invited to attend an interview, and will undertake an assessment in literacy and numeracy, to establish any support required.
What will I study?
The learner will develop the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to:
• Follow health and safety regulations and legislations at all times
• Select the appropriate tools and materials for a given task
• Terminate and wire single phase lighting and power circuits found in domestic dwellings
• Carryout the basic inspections and testing procedures for the required wiring systems
• To use fabrication techniques for electrical enclosures and support systems, such as PVC and steel conduit, trunking and tray work systems.
In addition, you will also complete at level 1; Application of Numbers, Communications, ICT, The Post 16 Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification, Foundation Project
How will I be assessed?
You will be regularly assessed by your tutor for competence for each of the units of study. There are no exams on this course.
Career Opportunities and Progression
On successful completion of this course you will be able to progress onto the Level 2 Electrical Installation course.