Ten years of business success and enterprise was celebrated at the prestigious RCT Business Club Awards on Friday, March 11.
Every year for the last decade, the RCT Business Club has commended and celebrated businesses of all sizes at the awards.
And this year’s ceremony, sponsored by headline sponsor Coleg y Cymoedd, was no exception.
Attended by a range of local businesses and members of the RCT Business Club, the awards were held at Llechwen Hall, near Pontypridd.
The winners were:
- Best New Business sponsored by Veolia – Pontus Research Ltd
- Decade of Business Excellence sponsored by L’Oreal UKI Limited – Glamorgan Brewing Company
- Employer of the Year sponsored by Hirwaun Power – Rocialle
- Environmental Business of the Year sponsored by enviroparks – The Welsh Pantry
- Excellence in Manufacturing sponsored by Renishaw - Gwalia Healthcare Ltd
- Excellence in Social Enterprise sponsored by RCT Homes – Friends of Ferndale The Fern Partnership
- High Street Business sponsored by Federation of Small Businesses – Bradleys Coffee Ltd
- Micro Business sponsored by University of South Wales – Trojan Construction Management Ltd
- RCT Business Club Business of the Year sponsored by Coleg Y Cymoedd – Rocialle
Cllr Robert Bevan, Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Planning, said: “The RCT Business Club Awards have gone from strength to strength in the last 10 years and this is largely because of the calibre of businesses that continue to open, operate and grow in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
“The achievements of those who won or were finalists this evening is testament to the thriving, innovative business community we have here in the county borough.
“Each and every person who has won or was shortlisted should be proud of themselves not only for their business achievements, but also for the example they have set to others and the business inspiration they offer.
“In these current difficult economic times, where finance is a pressure and the way people do business is constantly changing, local businesses of all sizes need all the support and assistance they can get.
“RCT Business Club has provided a nurturing environment of like-minded people from a huge range of businesses and organisations, allowing members to learn from each other, guest speakers, expert workshops, networking breakfasts and more.
“The Awards are the flagship event for the RCT Business Club and mark the end of yet another successful 12 months in RCT.”