The Senior Leadership Team at the College, recognise the barriers that LGBT people often face. We know that delivering a service with an understanding of LGBT experiences can make a real difference to the lives of LGBT people.
During the past 18 months the college has achieved the following for LGBT equality:
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index ranking of 202 (an increase of 162 places from 364 the previous year)
- Introduction of a College LGBT+ Staff network (Amity)
- Development of a range of policies and guidance documents supporting our LGBT staff and learners, including information on how we can all be an Ally to our colleagues.
- Co-hosting a Trans Allies Programme with RCT Council, run by Stonewall
- Participation in national and local campaigns and awareness raising events
- Continued involvement with Pride Cymru and Stonewall
- Forthcoming participation at Pride Big Weekend, Cardiff (25th and 26th August).
Judith Evans, Principal stated” I would like to thank all of our employees for their support and commitment in ensuring all LGBT people are accepted without exception in our College, both as a place to work and study.
We look forward to progressing our promotion of equality and diversity for the benefit of all and our continued involvement with the Stonewall Diversity Champions Programme.