Who can access the college bus?
Aged 18 and Under
- you are aged 18 and under on 1st September prior to starting the course
- you live at least 2 miles from the campus you wish to study at
- you are studying on a full time course
- Coleg y Cymoedd is the nearest provider for your chosen course
Then you may be eligible for free/discounted travel to attend college on college transport.
Applications to use college transport should be made to your local council transport department.
You will be required to show your bus pass to the driver on all journeys; failure to do so will result in the driver refusing to let you board the bus.
Please ensure that you use the correct college bus relevant to the bus stop indicated on your College ID card. Failure to comply may result in you being unable to travel on College transport. If no bus stop is shown on your College ID card please visit Learner Services.
Aged 19 and Over
If you are:-
- aged 19 and over
- studying on a full time course
Then you may be eligible for subsidised travel by applying to the college's Financial Contingency Fund (FCF)
Is there car parking at each campus?
Yes, limited car parking is available at all campuses.
Please take all reasonable care and attention to:-
- Watch your speed
- Do not park directly outside residents’ homes
- Keep noise levels to a minimum
- Please remember that the College always endeavours to be a good neighbour within the community
- Note that incorrect parking on a public road may subject you to prosecution
All drivers are required to comply with the driving and parkingrestrictions in operation in/around the campuses.
Coleg Y Cymoedd does not accept responsibility for Vehicles or their contents. All vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk.
How easy are the campus sites to access on Public Transport?
All our campus sites benefit from excellent rail and bus transport links. Each campus is close to a major bus and rail link.
If you are planning to use public transport to travel to/from one of our campuses, please visit Travel Line Cymru where you can access detailed routes and providers.