· Series of taught, self-generated and live projects
· Collaborative working with other Media based Foundation Degrees and industry
· Critical studies programme and an individual project
· An understanding of Film, Television and Contemporary Production
· Use of scale, CAD and 3D printing
· Construction in wood, metal and plastic
· Working with a wide range of moulding and casting materials
· Puppet construction and performance
· Mask Making and Prop Costumes
· Sculpting from life
. Model Making
UCAS Tariff - 80 - 104 points
A level - CDD – BCC
UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) - MMP - DMM
Access to HE Diploma
GCSE/National 4/National 5
All applicants will need to submit a portfolio of work at interview that evidences:
• Good level of observational and drawing skills • The ability to work with a range of resistant and non-resistant materials • The capacity to convey ideas and concepts visually, verbal and through examples of written work • Display high levels of enthusiasm and motivation towards the subject area
You will be assessed through completion of assignment based coursework and practical work.
The programme aims to help students to develop:
a range of skills, knowledge and understanding that will prepare them for employment in the creative industries and/or further academic study.
Students will build and develop a wide range of practical and technical understanding working with materials and processes employed within the creative media industry, such as sculpting, casting, carpentry and metal fabrication.
Practical skills will be supported by high levels of contextual and historical understanding, underpinned by research, theory and analysis.
Experience of the practical and creative skills inherent in their subject
A range of established techniques to initiate and undertake critical analysis of information, and to propose solutions to problems arising from that analysis in their subject.
Foster high levels of professionalism and experience to ensure graduates are equipped to respond to local industry needs
On successful completion you will be equipped to work in Creative Industries, either freelance or employed in areas such as Prop Making, Creature FX, Puppetry, Costume Props, Armoury, Sculpting, Model Making and Animation.
Course Code: D385 (Three-Year BA)
Course Code:?D387 (Top Up)?
Institution code: W01?
Campus name: Coleg y Cymoedd (Nantgarw)?
Campus code: M?
Equipment and Studio Fee
This practical course will require the purchase of an individual tool kit (£200-300 approximately) to support practical modules. A kit list will be provided to successful applicants, prior to the commencement of the course.
There is an additional studio fee of £150 per year