· Series of taught, self-generated and live projects
· Collaborative working with other Media based Foundation Degrees and industry
· Critical studies programme and an individual project
· An understanding of Film, Television and Contemporary Production
· Use of scale, CAD and 3D printing
· Construction in wood, metal and plastic
· Working with a wide range of moulding and casting materials
· Puppet construction and performance
· Mask Making and Prop Costumes
· Sculpting from life
. Model Making
UCAS Tariff - 80 - 104 points
A level - CDD – BCC
UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016) - MMP - DMM
Access to HE Diploma
GCSE/National 4/National 5
All applicants will need to submit a portfolio of work at interview that evidences:
• Good level of observational and drawing skills • The ability to work with a range of resistant and non-resistant materials • The capacity to convey ideas and concepts visually, verbal and through examples of written work • Display high levels of enthusiasm and motivation towards the subject area
You will be assessed through completion of assignment based coursework and practical work.
This degree course has developed a reputation of expertise within the industry. The subject specialist lecturers have already amassed years of industry experience which has been essential to deliver the skills required by industry to help secure employment. At the end of this three year course students are in a position to gain entry into the film and TV industry at trainee level. This is reinforced by the testimonials below from just some of our graduates.
â€œThe course prepares you with practical skills, product knowledge, understanding of different periods, networking, and work experience opportunities. The three-year period allowed time to properly learn and improve upon skills and knowledge. The flexibility of the course allowed placements and work experience days to take place throughout the three years which meant that upon graduating I was already an employed member of a team within the hair and makeup department. Since graduating I have worked on, Their Finest, Show Dogs, Keeping Faith, Doctor Who S11 + S12, The Tuckers, Jamie Johnson, The Crown, The One, His Dark Materials, War of The Worlds 2, Extinctionâ€.
Course Code: D385 (Three-Year BA)
Course Code:?D387 (Top Up)?
Institution code: W01?
Campus name: Coleg y Cymoedd (Nantgarw)?
Campus code: M?
Equipment and Studio Fee
This practical course will require the purchase of an individual tool kit (£200-300 approximately) to support practical modules. A kit list will be provided to successful applicants, prior to the commencement of the course.
There is an additional studio fee of £150 per year