The learner will develop the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to:
• Follow health and safety regulations and legislations at all times
• Select the appropriate tools and materials for a given task
• Terminate and wire single phase lighting and power circuits found in domestic dwellings
• Carryout the basic inspections and testing procedures for the required wiring systems
• To use fabrication techniques for electrical enclosures and support systems, such as PVC and steel conduit, trunking and tray work systems.
In addition, you will also complete at level 1; Application of Numbers, Communications, ICT.
You will require 2 GCSE's A*-E (must include English/Welsh and Science) and 1 GCSE A*-D in Maths/Numeracy
You will be invited to attend an interview, and will undertake an assessment in literacy and numeracy, to establish any support required.
You will be regularly assessed by your tutor for competence for each of the units of study. There are no exams on this course.
On successful completion of this course you will be able to progress onto the Level 2 Electrical Installation course.