This is both a theoretical and practical course. You will study four mandatory units:
• Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise & Health
• Health, Safety & Welfare in a Fitness Environment
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health
• Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise & Physical Activity
The practical based units are:
• Planning Gym-Based Exercise
• Instructing Gym-Based Exercise
No formal academic qualifications. You will need good communication and personal skills. You will be invited to attend an informal interview.
You will be assessed in different ways which include written workbooks, multiple choice theory tests (externally set and marked by CYQ), continuous practical assessment and also a final summative practical assessment. This final assessment will involve planning, delivering and evaluating a gym-based session.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to progress to a Level 3 award such as an Advanced Instructor Certificate or a personal trainer. You will be able to enter a career in the leisure and fitness industry. This qualification is recognised worldwide so the opportunities to work abroad are plentiful.