The qualification will provide a thorough introduction to the principles, values and knowledge needed to work in the healthcare and social care sectors with adults and children and young people. The content for this qualification supports learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of:
• the core principles and values which underpin health and social care practice
• ways of working in the health and social care sectors
• effective practice within health and social care
• progression routes to further study or employment within Health and Social Care safeguarding.
3 GCSEs at Grade C or above to include Maths or English. Alternative equivalent qualifications can be discussed at interview.
A successful DBS check and application for the update service on the DBS check.
All applicants will be provided with a “ Suitability for Care pro-forma“ that must be completed.
To achieve this qualification, candidates must pass:
• four externally-set scenario-based assessments that are marked in the centre that will be taken throughout the qualification.
• one externally-set, externally-marked multiple choice test
Successful completion of the qualification and 4 GCSEs Grade C or above, to include English and Maths, may enable learners to progress to the L3 Health and Social Care qualification.
Progression into employment in domiciliary or residential care.
Learners attending Care and Childcare courses need to purchase a £ 11.00 polo shirt to wear at placement and to pay for a DBS check.