• Promoting core practice in children’s care, play, learning and development
• Promoting play, learning, growth and development
• Promoting nutrition and hydration in early years
• Responding to childhood illness, infestation/infection, disease and immunisation
Plus optional units
5 GCSEs at Grade C or above to include Maths and English/Welsh. Alternative equivalent qualifications can be discussed at interview.4 GCSEs at Grade C or above to include Maths and English and successful completion of the L2 Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development.
We are looking for Learners with a passion to work with babies and children under 9. You will be invited to participate in pre-course guidance activities and will be required to attend a suitable work placement every week. You will be required to apply for a full DBS and this must be on the update service.
• An externally set, internally marked set of tasks
• A portfolio of evidence
• A discussion with their assessor
• An external examination
• An externally set and marked extended investigation
This qualification will allow learners to progress into employment within a Level 3 role or progress to Higher Education(The qualification carries UCAS points). Jobs could include, Nursery practitioner, Sessional practitioner Cylch Playgroup, Assistant Foundation Phase practitioner, Flying Start practitioner, Flying Start Support/Family worker etc.
Learners attending Care and Childcare courses need to purchase a £ 11.00 polo shirt to wear at placement and to pay for a DBS check.