Coleg y Cymoedd received its Final Compliance Notice from the Welsh Language Commissioner in September 2017 which outlined the College’s duty to meet 168 of the statutory Welsh Language Standards established by the Welsh Government under the Welsh Language (Wales) Measure 2011.
- The College’s Welsh Language Officer and Vice Principal are responsible for reporting on the College’s compliance with the Welsh Language Standards.
- The College publishes a leaflet promoting the services the College offers in accordance with the Welsh Language Standards and ways in which the College facilitates the use of those services. This leaflet is available in each of the College’s offices that are open to the public; is published on our website; and is sent to learners by email.
- The College produces an annual report in Welsh and in English, which deals with the way in which we have complied with the Welsh Language Standards in the College’s Compliance Notice.
- The annual report includes the number of complaints The College received during that year which related to compliance with the Welsh Language Standards in the College’s Compliance Notice.
- This annual report is published no later than 6 months following the end of the financial year to which the report relates.
- A copy of the report is available on the College website and in each of the College’s offices that are open to the public.
- For the purposes of Standard 100 (Awarding Grants), the College’s Financial Contingency Policy is the only College policy related to awarding grants or providing financial assistance. This policy outlines that the allocation of funding would not have positive or adverse effects on opportunities to use the Welsh language and would not be treating the Welsh language less favourably than the English language.
- Standards 155; 156; 164; 170 and 176 are related to complaints received related to Welsh language services. The College’s Complaint Policy outlines the College’s duties under these Standards.
If you would like to make a complaint about the Welsh language services provided by the College, you are welcome to write to:
Coleg y Cymoedd
Heol y Coleg