Introduction to Costume Skills
Introducing the latest course to our Costume Construction/Skills portfolio -
Introduction to Costume Skills - starting 7th January 2020
Awarding Body/Accreditation: Coleg y Cymoedd – A taster 6-week short course in skills
Aimed at: Post 16, those studying A level, students studying on existing creative courses or mature learners.
This short taster course aims to offer anyone interested in costume an introduction to the practicalities involved in interpreting a costume design by creating outcomes on a mannequin. Participants will gain some understanding of the skills involved in constructing a costume and the context in which it fits.
- Introduction to subject area - what is a costume? Interpretation of a costume design
- Basic pattern cutting and adaptation
- Pattern lay and cut, marking up cloth
- Basic costume construction techniques
- Finishing techniques and processes
Assessment: no formal assessment
Course duration: 5pm – 8pm (Tuesday)
Entry requirements: None