Prop Making is an integral part of TV, Film, Exhibitions and Performance. Coleg y Cymoedd is situated within close proximity to Pinewood, BBC Roathlock and Dragon Studios. You will be ideally placed to develop a rewarding and challenging career in making props in a well-equipped and professional environment.
During the course you will build and develop a wide range of practical and technical understanding working with materials and processes employed within the industry, such as sculpting, casting, carpentry and metal fabrication. Practical skills will be supported by high levels of contextual and historical understanding, underpinned by research, theory and analysis. This year will develop your professional knowledge and skills preparing you for industry.
What Will I Learn?
• Series of taught, self-generated and live projects • Collaborative working with other Media based Foundation Degrees and industry • Critical studies programme and an individual project
• An understanding of Film, Television and Contemporary Production • Use of scale, CAD and 3D printing • Construction in wood, metal and plastic • Working with a wide range of molding and casting materials
• Puppet construction and performance • Mask Making and Prop Costumes • Sculpting from life
You need to have successfully completed the HND in Creative Production Arts or an equivalent qualification in a related subject.
• Good level of observational and drawing skills • The ability to work with a range of resistant and non-resistant materials • The capacity to convey ideas and concepts visually, verbal and through examples of written work • Display high levels of enthusiasm and motivation towards the subject area
You will be assessed through completion of assignment based coursework and practical work.
Coleg y Cymoedd takes every effort to ensure the information on this website is accurate at time of being live. Coleg y Cymoedd reserves the right to make changes or withdraw without notice any of the courses, course facilities or support described.
Additional Fee Notes
No applications from overseas non-EU students
- On successful completion you will be equipped to work in Creative Industries, either freelance or employed in areas such as Prop Making, Costume Props, Armoury, Sculpting, Model Making and Animation. On successful completion of this course you will be receive a University of South Wales award.