Lantra Wales has been contracted to deliver Food Skills Cymru with funding from the Welsh Government Rural Development Programme, it provides a blend of skills development, training and support tailored to the needs of the industry.
What is Food Skills Cymru?
The Food Skills Cymru programme delivered by Lantra supports businesses within the Welsh food and drink processing and manufacturing industry to ensure employees have the right skills and training for their business and the wider industry as a whole.
- Funding available for the completion of technical and staff development training
- Accredited and non-accredited training plus bespoke solutions tailored to specific business needs
- Supporting food and drink processing and manufacturing businesses located in Wales
What funding is available?
The amount of funding available ranges from 50% to 80%, dependent on the size of the business. To be eligible for support, the business must have a production or manufacturing site located in Wales and must be able to show a clear return on investment following the training.
Below is an example of funding available to different business sizes:
- Micro Businesses (1 - 10 employees): 80%
- Small and medium employers (11 - 249 employees): 70%
- Large organisations (>250 employees): 50%
Companies interested in engaging with the programme will need to complete the free skills diagnostic tool before applying for funding.
For further information, visit foodskills.cymru or contact 01982 552646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can Coleg y Cymoedd help?
In response to business demand, Coleg y Cymoedd are now an approved training provider for Lantra Wales, to provide specialist training and advice for the food and drink sector in Wales, to ensure employees have the right skills and training for their business.
To speak with a member of our team, please call us on 01443 663128 or email email@example.com