If you've been made redundant, you could be entitled to ReAct funding to retrain or update your skills. If you've got a new employer lined up, they too could get funding towards your wages and further training.
What is ReAct?
ReAct provides a package of support that helps you gain new skills, overcome obstacles and improve your chances of returning to work in the shortest time possible following redundancy.
What is available?
Under ReAct, the following financial support is available*:
- 100% of training costs to acquire new skills (up to a maximum of £1,500)
- Help towards the cost of travelling to training courses
- Overnight accommodation costs, where appropriate
- A contribution towards childcare costs whilst training (subject to limits and conditions)
- Help with the cost of special equipment to remove barriers to training
If you're offered a job after having been made redundant in the last 3 months, your new employer could get funding for taking you on. The Recruitment and Training element of ReAct could give your employer*:
- Up to £3000 for taking you on
- Up to £1000 towards the cost of training
*Please discuss available financial support options with your Careers Advisor
How to apply
If you wish to apply for the ReAct Vocational Training grant, you first need to see an Adult Guidance Adviser at your local Careers Wales office. You can contact them on 0800 028 4844 to make an appointment. Careers Wales will supply you with an application pack.
If your prospective employer wishes to apply for Employer Recruitment and Training Support, they will need to contact Welsh Government on 03000 255 888.
To speak with a member of our team, please call us on 01443 663128 or email email@example.com