Life is all about choices.
You may be clear about what your future goal is, or you may not be sure about what your future looks like.
The Futures Team are here to help you consider ALL of your options, maybe some you hadn’t considered possible.
That journey starts with you, your personal skills, your interests, your achievements (not just qualifications) and your ability to be able to inform others of your value. ‘This is ME’ focuses on your understanding of yourself, your self-awareness, and how this impacts on your self- belief and confidence.
‘This could be YOU’ tells the story of a schoolboy from the valleys who created a business at the age of 14 with just one chicken. Do you have a passion or a hobby that you could make a living from? You could be at College, University or working and run a side hustle that brings in an income. Entrepreneurship is all about value to others, this can be financial, social, or cultural. Check out https://instagram.com/lemoned_publishing?igshid=1xsxznjiehlu9 to see what Katie, one of our A level learners is achieving.
‘This is MY Idea’ helps you to understand that we all have great ideas. What we aren’t good at is choosing one to follow up or actually taking action. If you need help with discovering an idea, developing an idea or actually making it happen, the Futures Team can support you all the way. You are never alone, let us help you to validate an idea, or find out more about becoming Self-Employed.
The ‘choice’ is yours, the support is ‘Futures’
Going to university can provide you with valuable skills and a recognised higher qualification to help you follow your chosen career.
Essential research and preparation are needed beforehand to make sure you are making the right decision for you.
This event has a series of talks and materials that will be delivered and provided by university academics and representatives on specific subject areas.
The event will give you an opportunity to start thinking about your career aspirations
A wide range employers will be providing advice and information, to help support your progression towards your chosen career. Find out about the opportunities available for when you leave college to ensure your transition into employment.
Want to find out more about: -
- The skills and attributes our next generation will require to work within the 21st century ?
- What it’s like to work within a particular industry, and find things out such as what is the average earning potential, what hours will I have to work, what benefits will I access, will I have an opportunity for career progression?
- What qualifications will I need?
- What challenges might I have to overcome?
- What are the opportunities for the future, what is the demand for particular jobs, what changes are taking place, what skills will I need?
- What career pathways could I consider?
- What skills will employers look for?
- What jobs, apprenticeships and internships are available?