Higher Education Financial Support

Every eligible full-time student can claim a minimum grant of £1,000 they will not have to pay back, regardless of their household income, and means-tested grants of up to £10,124 in London and £8,100 in the rest of the UK will be available to those who need them most.

A similar package will be available to eligible part-time students, on a pro-rata basis related to intensity of study.

The Welsh Government provides student support to eligible students who are undertaking a designated higher education (HE) course at a publicly funded institution. To be eligible for statutory student support the course must lead to a qualification in one of the following:

First Degree e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education (BA, BSc or BEd)

Foundation Degree

Certificate of Higher Education

Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)

Higher National Certificate (HNC)

Higher National Diploma (HND)

A Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE)

Initial Teacher Education (ITE).

For more information visit Welsh Government's Student Money



Prefer to chat over the phone? Call us!




Use Facebook Messenger to contact us!



Live Chat

Get an instant Response through Live Chat.

Live Chat

Croeso i Coleg y Cymoedd

Dewiswch eich dewis iaith. Drwy ddefnyddio'r wefan hon, rydych yn cytuno i'n defnydd o gwcis.Cliciwch am ragor o fanylion.

Welcome to Coleg y Cymoedd

Please select your language option. By using this site you agree to our use of cookies. Click here for more information.