Learning Support for HE Learners
At Coleg y Cymoedd we offer specialised support for Higher Education learners.
Our role is to help you to achieve and to support you during your time at Coleg y Cymoedd.
Our specialist staff are here for you to discuss your support needs or concerns in confidence. They can help you access the support you require on your course. This can include support for wellbeing, access to coursework support, advice to care leavers and library and learning resources support.
If you have a long term disability, mental health condition (for example, depression or anxiety) or specific learning difficulties (for example, dyslexia or dyspraxia) which has a substantial impact on your day to day activity (including in education) then you may be eligible for extra help in the form of Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA).
The DSA funds individual support packages which can include additional support and/or specialist equipment that you may need on your course due to your disability, mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty. If you would like further information about applying for DSA you may find it useful to read the following:
Our specialist staff can:
- Arrange a one to one meeting to discuss your support needs
- Support you through the process of completing the DSA application form
- Liaise with Student Finance Wales or England on your behalf if you have any queries – as long as you have given consent
- Liaise with your course tutor to draw up an Individual Support Plan so that reasonable adjustments can be made
- Advise you how to get additional study skills support if you are not eligible for DSA
You can apply for DSA as soon as you have decided on the HE course you wish to study.
We encourage learners to apply for DSA as early as possible.
For all queries about HE support please contact Natalie Boughton-Lawrence / 01443 653688 or speak to Learner Services at any campus