For non Welsh speaking learners
What have we got for you?
An opportunity to gain an additional qualification, that is Welsh-medium Customer Care Units (Cymraeg Gwaith) across a range of classes in Childcare, Health and Social Care, Catering, Business, Travel and Tourism, The Creative Industries, Construction, Engineering, Hair and Beauty, Sport, Public Services and Automotive Engineering
DRAGON BITES sessions
Short fun sessions where basic Welsh language speaking skills are taught to learners who went to English-medium schools before joining the College.
Help and Support
What can we do at the College to help you maintain or improve your Welsh language skills? Or learn a little Welsh during your time in College if you haven’t learned it before?
- Opportunities to learn/use use your Welsh by attending the DRAGON BITES sessions and scheduled activities
- Welsh language sessions for beginners (Welsh Week)
- Demo sessions on how to use CYSGLIAD including Cysgeir (on-line dictionary) and Cysill (spelling and grammar checker) and other useful websites
- Information about language learning web-sites such as Say Something in Welsh and Duo Lingo
- Signposting Welsh for Adults classes in your community.
If you require any additional help or wish to make a request for support in aspects relating to the curriculum, please contact the Head of Welsh Language Developments, Alison Jones on 01443 – 810142 / email@example.com
Opportunities to celebrate living in Wales!
Here, at Coleg y Cymoedd, we like to delight in the things that are unique and special about living in Wales by celebrating a calendar of Welsh language and Welsh Culture event
e.g. Shwmae, Su’mae Day, Saint Dwynwen’s Day, Welsh Week, Welsh Heroes’ Day.
There will be plenty of opportunities for you to participate and win prizes worth winning!