Locations and Attendance
Click here to view locations on map
Full Time - To be arranged
Course Duration :
Course Times :
Course Code :
FT Registration Fee - £30.00
Please Note - These fees are for the 2018/19 Academic Year and are subject to change annually. Fees are payable for each year of study.
Days, Times and Fees for Part Time and HE courses are subject to change. HE Tuition Fees will be confirmed April 2018.
Purchase of Materials and/or Kit is required for this course (Studio Fees - £50). Please discuss this at interview stage with a tutor after you have applied.
This 1-year course aims to develop an understanding of a broad range of skills and techniques which will enable you to progress further into higher education or be competent to start a successful career within the media industry.
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C in English and Maths or a BTEC First Diploma in a related subject.
You will be invited to attend an interview with a portfolio of your work. You will also be required to undertake an initial assessment in literacy and numeracy to establish any support required.
What will I study?
At the end of this course you will be able to:
• Develop a wide range of make-up skills
• Learners will develop the skills and techniques required to transform a performer’s hair into the look of a character or role.
• This unit develops learners’ knowledge of the range of skills and processes required to successfully mount a major performance, with learners becoming part of the production team.
• Design and create period make-up and hair for Media.
• Create special effects and prosthetic make-ups for the world of stage and screen.
• Develop skills in the design and application of full body make-up for performers.
How will I be assessed?
There is continuous assessment throughout the course for practical and written assignments. All units are internally assessed and externally moderated. On successful completion of this qualification an overall grade is given of Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Career Opportunities and Progression
Diplomas are valued by employers and higher Education Institutes, (Universities and colleges) After completion of this course you could further your studies with a Level 3 Extended Diploma or Foundation Degree/ Degree course. Employment opportunities exist on a free-lance or employee basis through Apprenticeships or employment.
Disclaimer Coleg y Cymoedd takes every effort to ensure the information on this website is accurate at time of being live. Coleg y Cymoedd
reserves the right to make changes or withdraw without notice any of the courses, course facilities or support described.