Grinding/Abrasive Wheel Safety
Start: 09:00 - 13/11/2017
End: 12:00 - 07/11/2017
Who is this course for?
: Incorrect mounting and use of grinding equipment could lead to accidents to people, plant and equipment.
Those working in building/construction, fabrication, engineering and maintenance departments
What will I learn?
: This course highlights the necessary precautions required to reduce accidents and provides an understanding of key legalisation in line with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER 1998).
The course covers the following topics:
• Introduction to the provision and use of work equipment regulations
• Definition of abrasive wheels
• Handling, storage and inspection of abrasive wheels
• Machines and work areas
• Legal implication of grinding equipment
• Mounting an abrasive wheel correctly
How will I be assessed?
: Arsylwi’r Gwaith Ymarferol
: One form of identification