1. If you have difficulty completing the form a member of staff will be pleased to help you. Don't be afraid to ask
2. All the information you provide will be dealt with in the strictest confidence (see college data protection policy).
3. During the admission process other information and your photo will be taken to help us know more about you and support you.
4. We may have to show your records to the organisations that fund or support you or us under audit arrangements.
5. We base our advice on the information you have provided us with so it is important that it is as full and accurate as possible.
6. The course you choose may be partly funded by the European Union.
7. The College is committed to equal opportunities and will attempt to make arrangements to meet your individual needs wherever reasonable and practical.
8. College Policies are available to view on our website, in any of our Learning Centres or by request.
9. If you withdraw from enrolment you must return any bus pass, equipment, grant or other item of value received from the College and pay any outstanding fees.
10. Coleg y Cymoedd reserves the right to make changes or withdraw without notice any of the courses, course facilities or support described.
We will send some of the information we hold about you to the Welsh Government (WG). This information forms your learner record held by WG. The learner record held by WG is used by WG and the third parties detailed below for four broad purposes:
1. For WG, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, Estyn, and the Wales Audit Office to carry out their statutory functions.
2. For WG to produce anonymous data in statistical publications.
3. For third parties, such as further education sector bodies, to use anonymous data to carry out research or equal opportunities monitoring that WG deems to be in the public interest. This information may be published.
4. Occasionally WG may allow third parties acting on its behalf access to learner records including personal identifiers only to assist in linking learner records for the purpose of statistical research. Contractors will be required to sign confidentiality agreements in relation to the data, demonstrate that they operate satisfactory information security procedures, and destroy their copies of the data following conclusion of the research project.
The data you supply will also be used by the Learning Records Service only to issue you with a Unique Learner Number (ULN) and share information about your learning with organisations linked to your education and training. Further details of how your data is processed and shared can be found at www.learningrecordsservice.org.uk. If you do not want to share your participation and achievement in this way, please let us know. Your contact details may be passed to survey contractors to carry out the Learner Voice Survey, or other surveys related to education functions on behalf of the organisations listed above. These contractors will use your details only for that purpose, and will then delete them. If you do not want to take part in these surveys, please let us know.
Your rights: Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights of access to the data WG holds about you. You may have to pay a small fee for this. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more detail on the above, please visit the LLWR website at www.wales.gov.uk/llwr
Information on student destinations and your progress will also be shared with local bodies participating in the Supporting Engagement in Education, Employment and Training Strategy (e.g. Careers Wales). The information is used mainly for the collection and analysis of statistical data but also to provide you with educational support.
You are required to sign the 'Student Statement' on this form in order that we can offer you a course place. If you require any further information please contact the Head of Learner Services.
• If sponsored by an employer. I give permission to the College to disclose information regarding my studies to my employer.
• If under 18 years old I am happy for my parents or legal guardian to receive information relating to my progress.
• I agree to the College using my mobile telephone number to contact me regarding my application and while I am on my course regarding arrangements around my studies. To do this we release your name and number to our messaging service. Your details will not be used by any other party.
• I agree to my data including photograph being stored on College systems to enable staff to support me.
• To the best of my knowledge the information I have provided is accurate.
• Note that we will usually respond using email where applications are received electronically