Being the first college in Wales to offer a full-time football academy for women, combined with a full-time education, we pride ourselves on providing a high-quality provision for all our learners – if you have a passion for football, then our academy could be the perfect fit for you.
As part of our Women’s Football Academy, we offer opportunities to study BTEC in Sport qualifications or A Levels – both of which will allow you to develop the knowledge and expertise you need to progress onto the next level, whether that be within a chosen career or education setting.
Here are some key elements that make our programme unique:
– 2-3 training sessions per week
– Competitive league program and cup competitions
– Individual Player development 1-1 sessions
– Individual Strength & Conditioning Programme
– Cognitive Development training though Rezzil
– Highly qualified coaching staff who are dedicated to developing female footballers
– Detailed Video Analysis with expert coaching staff
– Trips in the UK and Overseas challenging your abilities & developing teamwork & leadership skills
Our fantastic facilities enable us to create the best possible environment for your development, this includes:
– Excellent all-weather training/playing facilities
– High Performance Gym
– Access to injury clinics and sport massage
We currently have 2 teams that play in the AOC ECFA English Colleges Leagues – Category 1 and Development League.
Our ECFA Category 1 squad competes withing the Category 1 league, which is the highest level in the English College league System. This is more of a high-performance driven environment, where players are constantly pushed to the next level of their game and competing against higher quality players.
Our Development League squad is made up of players who are looking to develop themselves and train without pressure. These are generally individuals who have a love for the game but aren’t looking for a career in football and play for pure enjoyment.
Alongside league games, there are also 3 Cup Competitions that our teams are involved in. Fixtures are played on a Wednesday.
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Heol y Coleg
Rhondda Cynon Taff